Over the past several years, I have developed the following resources.
Feel free to download these templates and adjust accordingly.
The Historian’s Toolbox Series (For undergraduate, (mostly) survey courses):
- The Historian’s Toolbox: Primary Sources
- Primary Source Analysis (Reading Grid)
- Secondary Source Analysis (Reading Grid)
- Source Evaluation Worksheet
- How to Read Historical Secondary Sources
- Discussion Questions: A How To
Reacting to the Past Assignment Resources
- Commonplace Journals Assignment (Reacting to the Past)
- How to Analyze a Primary Source
- Character Assignment Survey
Teaching Writing to Undergrads:
Lessons on Pedagogy (Intended for Graduate Student Instructors/Supplemental Instructors):